All current undergraduate students in their senior year may be nominated.
The Megan K. Crowley Award
This award recognizes outstanding contributions in the areas of Rare Disease Patient Advocacy at the Boler-Parseghian Center. Such contributions may include, but are not limited to: 1) Raising awareness of Rare Diseases at the University of Notre Dame with regional, national and international organizations 2) Developing products/tools/technologies that help rare disease patients and their families with communications and disease management. Awardees will receive a $1000 cash award and a plaque.
The John M. and Mary J Boler Rare Disease Research Award,
This award recognizes outstanding original scholarship and research in rare and neglected diseases at the Boler- Parseghian Center at the University of Notre Dame. Such contributions may include clinical or laboratory-based (basic or translational) research in rare and neglected diseases. Upto two Awards may be presented. Awardees will receive a $1000 cash award and a plaque.
This award is open to all current undergraduate students in their Senior Year at the University of Notre Dame.
Award nominations should be accompanied by:
- the student’s curriculum vitae;
- a one-page statement from the student summarizing the nominated work;
- a letter from the nominator that clearly explains significance of the work in the context of patient advocacy.
- URL of Web pages/ other demonstrated evidence and supplementary information concerning the work. Nominations will be judged on the quality and impact of the student’s work.
Please also provide the following information:
- The nominee’s mailing (and e-mail) address and phone number;
- The nominator’s name, e-mail address and phone number;
Nominations to be submitted by January 2, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Award winners are invited to attend and receive the award at Boler-Parseghian Annual Conference on Advancing Rare Disease, Research, Therapy and Patient Advocacy.